How SECU Protects You
Account AccessThe Credit Union employs strategic security controls to keep your personal and account information secure.
Member and Mobile Access
- The Credit Union uses a multi-layered approach to protect you.
- User identity verified at Member Access sign on with Intelligent Defense Check (ID Check)
- Unique, alphanumeric User ID and Password are defined and maintained by you.
- We store the complex computer or mobile device identifiers that come to us naturally when you access our site. We use this data for additional authentication.
- All online sessions are encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- Automated time-out functionality for inactive sessions logs you out if you forget to log off.
- The "Remember me" option lowers the risk of fraud on your account by reducing the chance that a keylogger or other malicious software on your computer will be able to capture your online credentials.
- Limited functionality on our Mobile sites prevents a fraudster from taking your money if you leave your smartphone unattended.
- Exclusion of account numbers on all Two-Way text messages and Alerts protects account information that is sent to your smartphone.
Online Fraud MonitoringFraud detection, or online forensics, plays a critical role in enabling the Credit Union to protect your assets by allowing us to identify threats. The following are some of the steps we use:
- Real-time monitoring of online and card transactions using neural net technology.
- Multiple firewalls, anti-virus systems, and multiple intrusion detection and prevention systems.
- Branding protection to guard against spoofing.
- Anti-Phishing and Anti-Trojan systems.
- Monitoring of over 3.5 bil emails worldwide each day.
- Extensive counter-measures to bring down fraudulent sites.
- Monitoring of fraudulent networks to identify and obtain card and credential information available for sale in the underground markets.
- Regular independent, external audits and 3rd party vulnerability testing of our systems and network including 'hack attacks' to try to break into our systems.
- External fraud detection services to complement our internal efforts.
- Daily web log review for attacks, threats, hackers, uploads, downloads, and attempted access from questionable locations.
Return to Online Security