How SECU Protects You
The Credit Union employs strategic security controls to keep your personal and account information secure.
Member and Mobile Access
- The Credit Union uses a multi-layered approach to protect you.
- User identity verified at Member Access sign on with Intelligent Defense Check (ID Check)
- Unique, alphanumeric User ID and Password are defined and maintained by you.
- We store the complex computer or mobile device identifiers that come to us naturally when you access our site. We use this data for additional authentication.
- All online sessions are encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- Automated time-out functionality for inactive sessions logs you out if you forget to log off.
- The "Remember me" option lowers the risk of fraud on your account by reducing the chance that a keylogger
or other malicious software on your computer will be able to capture your online credentials.
- Limited functionality on our Mobile sites prevents a fraudster from taking your money if you leave your smartphone unattended.
- Exclusion of account numbers on all Two-Way text messages and Alerts protects account information that is sent to your smartphone.
Online Fraud Monitoring
Fraud detection, or online forensics, plays a critical role in enabling the Credit Union to protect your assets by allowing us to identify threats. The following are some of the steps we use:
- Real-time monitoring of online and card transactions using neural net technology.
- Multiple firewalls, anti-virus systems, and multiple intrusion detection and prevention systems.
- Branding protection to guard against spoofing.
- Anti-Phishing and Anti-Trojan systems.
- Monitoring of over 3.5 bil emails worldwide each day.
- Extensive counter-measures to bring down fraudulent sites.
- Monitoring of fraudulent networks to identify and obtain card and credential information available for sale in the underground markets.
- Regular independent, external audits and 3rd party vulnerability testing of our systems and network including 'hack attacks' to try to break into our systems.
- External fraud detection services to complement our internal efforts.
- Daily web log review for attacks, threats, hackers, uploads, downloads, and attempted access from questionable locations.
Online security is a joint effort between the Credit Union and you. To ensure that every measure is taken to keep your information and account access secure, please review
measures you may take to protect yourself
Return to Online Security »