How SECU Protects YouWe employ strategic security controls and use a multi-layered approach to protect your personal and financial information when you use our online services. Members create and maintain a unique alphanumeric user ID and password, and their identity is verified at sign on with Intelligent Defense Check (ID Check).
Intelligent Defense Check (ID Check)The Credit Union provides the Intelligent Defense Check (ID Check) security feature to our members for added online protection. ID Check verifies user identity upon sign on to help ensure the privacy and security of our members’ personal and account information. If certain identification criteria (e.g., location, browser, etc.) do not match previous successful login information, members may be prompted to provide additional authentication before gaining access to their online accounts.
All online sessions are encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. SSL is a standard technology that keeps internet connections secure and safeguards any sensitive data sent between two systems. We store your computer or mobile device identifiers that are transmitted when you access our site and we use this data for additional authentication.
We also keep your personal and account information secure through the following additional features:
- Automated time-out functionality logs out inactive sessions
- "Remember me" feature reduces the chance that a keylogger or other malicious software will capture your online credentials
- Restrictions on our mobile sites prevent a fraudster from taking your money if you leave your mobile device unattended
- Account numbers are not used on any messages we send through Two-Way Text Messaging and Alerts, protecting account information sent to your mobile device
Online Fraud MonitoringThe Credit Union uses the following fraud detection methods to identify threats to your accounts and personal information:
- Real-time monitoring of online and card transactions using neural net technology
- Multiple firewalls, anti-virus systems, and intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Branding protection to guard against spoofing
- Anti-phishing and anti-Trojan systems
- Periodic independent, external audits and 3rd party vulnerability testing of our systems and network, including “hack attacks” to try to break into our systems
- External fraud detection services to complement our internal efforts
- Daily web log review for attacks, threats, hackers, uploads, downloads, and attempted access from questionable locations
Return to Online Security