Salary Advance Loans
The Credit Union offers a Salary Advance Loan program that includes an inexpensive, convenient loan along with a Salary
Advance Cash Account to assist you in saving for the future. Lending is limited to residents of North Carolina, South Carolina,
Georgia, Tennessee and Virginia.
|Salary Advance Loan
||Salary Advance Loan - Cash Account
- Maximum ceiling of $500
- APR1 based on Salary Advance Cash Account balance
If account balance is less than $500: % / Salary Advance Loan APR1, 2
If account balance is equal to or greater than $500: % / Salary Advance Loan APR1, 2
- No fees
- Balance plus accrued interest must be repaid via Funds Transfer from an SECU deposit account on the next pay date
- Members must already have their paycheck on Direct Deposit with SECU
- Required deposit to the Salary Advance Cash Account:
5% if the balance in the Salary Advance Cash Account is less than $500
7% if the balance in the Salary Advance Cash Account is equal to or greater than $500
- As the balance in the SALO Cash Account increases and reaches a $500 balance, the interest rate on the SALO loan will decrease
- Belongs to you and earns interest; however, access will be restricted3
Obtain a Loan Advance from an Existing Loan
For an existing Salary Advance Loan, process a real-time loan advance for immediate access to funds.
- Obtain Salary Advance via
- Obtain Salary Advance via Mobile Access
- Obtain via ASK SECU Voice Response: (888) ASK-SECU
or (919) 839-5400
Request a New Salary Advance Loan
Below are three ways to request a new Salary Advance Loan:
1 APR = Annual Percentage Rate.
2 Rate subject to change. The APR cannot increase by more than 1% each quarter over the previous quarter and cannot exceed 18%. The APR is calculated by adding
the index rate to the loan margin. When the Salary Advance Cash Account balance is at least $500, the loan margin is 5.25%. When the Salary Advance Cash Account Balance is
less than $500, the loan margin is 11.75%. The index rate is the 26 week Treasury Bill Rate set at the first auction held on or after the 15th day of the second month of
the previous quarter adjusted up to the nearest ¼%. The index rate cannot be less than 0.25%.
3A Credit Union Lending Official must approve all withdrawals from the Salary Advance Cash Account. If a withdrawal is approved, borrowing privileges on the
Salary Advance Loan may be suspended for a period of time.