About "Remember me"
When you check the "Remember me" box and select "Sign In", your User ID is encrypted and stored on the computer you are currently using. When your User ID is saved, you will only need to enter your Password the next time you sign into Member Access. For security reasons, your Password is never saved.
Important: Because "Remember me" stores your User ID on the computer you are using at the time, do not use this feature on public computers (such as those in a library, hotel or internet café) or if you use a screen reader software application.
How do I delete a saved User ID?
If you have saved your User ID on multiple computers, the User ID must be removed separately from each computer.
- Clear the "Remember me" check box. The User ID will no longer be saved on the computer you are using currently. To prevent your User ID from being saved in the future, make sure the "Remember me" check box is not selected when logging into Member Access.
- Manually delete the cookies from your computer. This will delete your saved User ID.
Why is my saved User ID not saved?
There are three reasons your User ID may not be saved:
- You are logging in from a different computer. When you select the "Remember me" check box and select "Sign In", your User ID was encrypted and stored on the computer you were using at that time. If you are logging in from a different computer, you need to check "Remember me" to save your User ID to that computer as well.
- Your "cookies" were deleted. If your browser is set to automatically delete cookies, or if you manually delete the cookies from your computer, then your User IDs that previously saved will be removed.
- It has been more than 60 days since you last signed on with your saved User ID. If you have not logged into Member Access with your saved User ID within the last 60 days, your User ID will no longer be saved.
Why should I use the "Remember me" feature?
Online fraud has increased, especially due to keystroke logging programs. Keystroke logging programs capture and send User ID and Password information credentials keyed by consumers on their personal computer. Enabling the "Remember me" feature will reduce the chance that a keylogger will capture your User ID credentials and reduce the chance of fraud on your account.