To establish membership with State Employees' Credit Union, an individual must open a share account, which is a savings account that offers competitive dividend rates and is insured by NCUA. A share account is the foundation of a healthy savings plan.
- Competitive dividend rate.1 View our current Deposit Rates.
- $ minimum opening deposit
- $25 minimum balance required to maintain membership
- No monthly service charge2
- Dividends compounded daily, paid monthly
- Accessible via ATM, ASK SECU, online through Member Access, Mobile Access or our Mobile App, branch and our 24/7 Member Services
- Funds in account may be used as collateral on SECU loans
- Members are limited to six convenience withdrawals or transfers from the account per month3
- Checks and Automated Clearing House (ACH) debits, including BillPay transactions, are not allowed on share accounts
You can open additional share accounts online via Member Access.
1 Dividend rate and annual percentage yield (APY) are subject to change daily at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
2 A $ fee is assessed if the account balance is below $25 on the statement cut-off date.
3 Federal Regulation D limits the number of convenience withdrawals and transfers from a share account to a maximum of six per month. Convenience transfers include transfers made online, through ASK SECU, via phone to a branch or Member Services, and transfers resulting from your participation in our Overdraft Transfer Service. Transfers made via mail, ATM, in-person at the branch, and any payment transfers to your SECU loans are not subject to these limitations.