CashPoints Global (CPG) is a non-interest bearing controlled spending account with electronic only access through your CPG card. There are no checks and since all transactions are limited to the available funds in the account, no overdraft or NSF fees are incurred. Since the account and card work together, funds can be
added to the account at any time for many different purposes.
Planning to travel abroad or across the country? The CPG card is a convenient way to fund a trip. The CashPoints Global card may take up to a week to receive after opening
the account, so it's best to establish a CPG account several weeks in advance of a planned trip. Once a CPG card is received, additional branch visits are unnecessary as
funds can be added for subsequent trips via secure Member Access, Mobile Access or ASK-SECU voice response. Review our
Cardholder Travel Information
before leaving home.
Like the convenience of shopping or paying your bills online? With no overdraft lines of credit tied to the CPG account, the CPG card is a great option for members who want to
limit the fraud risk exposure. To help reduce fraud, some online merchants participate in the Verified by Visa®
program and require a password. Register the CPG card with
Verified by Visa
to create a personal password.
Heading to college? Students are also ideal candidates for the new CashPoints Global account/card. With a controlled spending account, parents have the option of opening a
CPG account and designating the student as an authorized user of the card. Parents can transfer funds to the card on an as needed basis, forgoing the risk of any overdrafts
that might be incurred by the student.
When you purchase gas "at the pump" using your CashPoints Global card and select "credit" as your payment option, $ will be authorized and held against your account balance until the gas station settles the actual
charge for the amount pumped. To avoid the $ authorization, you may select the "debit" payment option at the pump and enter your PIN or pay for your fuel inside the gas station with the cashier.
Once your gas transaction is complete, the exact amount of your purchase will be held in authorization.
Whether you like to travel, prefer to shop online, have a student who needs an account that is easy to manage, or would like an alternative to a traditional checking account,
CashPoints Global is a great choice. It can be used anywhere you see the Visa®
- Each owner of a CPG account can be issued a CPG card1
- Unlimited number of authorized users
- Monthly statement can be paper or e-statement
- $2,500 daily purchase limit2
- $500 maximum daily cash withdrawal limit
- Accessible via ATM, ASK SECU, Member Access, branch and SECU Contact Center
- Accessible online through your CPG card or other traditional debit/access cards owned by the same member
- CPG can be used for wire transfers, a funding account for loan advances, a deposit account for tax refunds, a distribution account for Share Term
Certificates, Holiday Cash or Summer Cash Accounts
- $ monthly maintenance fee, unless instructed otherwise, is automatically donated by the member to SECU Foundation
- No checks can be written and no Automated Clearing House (ACH) debits are allowed on CPG accounts
You may apply for a CPG account/card online via Member Access.
1Replacement card fee for a lost or stolen card is $8.00
2The daily purchase limit is $2,500, including a maximum cash withdrawal limit of $500 per day. However, if $500 cash is withdrawn,
only $2,000 is available for purchases that day.