State Employees' Credit Union offers a checking account that is convenient and affordable. By owning a SECU checking account, your $1 maintenance fee is automatically
contributed to the SECU Foundation
. The SECU Foundation promotes local and community development by primarily
funding high impact projects in the areas of housing, education, healthcare and human services.
Do you have a checking account with another financial institution and want to move it to SECU? Use the
Checking Account Switch Kit
to make your transition easier.
- Current interest rate is % / % APY1
- $0 required minimum balance2
- Dividends-earned compounded daily, paid monthly
- $ monthly maintenance fee, unless instructed otherwise, is automatically donated by the member to SECU Foundation3
- 50 checks per statement period free4
- Accessible via ATM, ASK SECU, Member Access, branch and our 24/7 Member Services
- Overdraft transfer service is available with no fee for two separate days per year
- Online BillPay service
- Debit cards for purchases and ATM transactions
- Automated drafts and deposits
- Online images of most cleared checks
For detailed information, please review the Checking Account Fees and Terms
(Versión en Español)
You may apply for a checking account online via Member Access.
1 Quoted rates and annual percentage yields (APY) are subject to change daily.
2 Initial deposit must cover cost of initial maintenance fee(s) and check order(s).
3 Zard checking accounts do not have the option of contributing the $ fee to the SECU Foundation.
4 Cleared items exceeding 50 incur $, per item, fee.