In the effort of continuing to educate our youth on financial responsibility, State Employees' Credit Union offers members ages 13-19 the
opportunity to participate in our Zard program for teens. Focused on helping teens develop solid money management skills, the Zard program
offers teens a variety of products and services tailored to meet their needs.
- The Zard Share account current interest rate is % / % APY1
- Variety of deposit account options
- $ minimum opening deposit
- $25 required minimum balance2
- Unique loan programs with competitive interest rates including car and student loans
- Zard Card - a Visa Check or CashPoints® card for ATM, ASK SECU and Internet account access
- Money Matterz Newsletter
- Zard website - a site designed specifically for our Zard members
- Eligible to receive group term life insurance coverage in the amount of $1,000 at no cost
Group Term Life Insurance Coverage
The teen is eligible to receive group term life insurance coverage
in the amount of $1,000 at no cost. The teen (if age 15 or
older) has the option to purchase an additional $9,000 of life insurance coverage through SECU Life Insurance Company at an annual cost of $18. If the teen is not age 15 or
older, a parent/guardian can purchase the additional $9,000 of coverage on their behalf.
For detailed information about Zard services, visit the Zard website
1 Quoted rates and annual percentage yields (APY) are subject to change daily.
2 Minimum balance required to maintain membership and utilize SECU services.