In the effort of continuing to educate our youth on financial responsibility, State Employees' Credit Union offers members ages 13-19 the
opportunity to participate in our Zard program for teens. Focused on helping teens develop solid money management skills, the Zard program
offers teens a variety of products and services tailored to meet their needs.
Current interest rate is 0.75% / 0.75% APY1
$25 minimum opening deposit
Debits from Z-Share accounts are subject to limitations as defined in Regulation D
Current interest rate is 0.25% / 0.25% APY1
$0 required minimum balance4
$1.00 monthly maintenance fee
50 checks per statement period free5
Zard Card for purchases and ATM transactions
- Variety of other deposit accounts including: CashPoints® Global, Money Market Share and Share Term Certificate
- Accounts are accessible via ATM, ASK SECU, Member Access, your local branch and our 24/7 member Services
- Unique loan programs with competitive interest rates including new and used vehicle loans
- Zard Card - a Visa Check or CashPoints card for purchases, ATM transactions, ASK SECU and Internet account access
- Money Matterz Newsletter
- Zard Website - a site designed specifically for our Zard members
- Eligible to receive group term life insurance coverage in the amount of $1,000 at no cost
Group Term Life Insurance Coverage
The teen is eligible to receive $1,000 of Group Term Life Insurance
at no cost. The teen (if age 15 or older) can increase this coverage to $10,000 for $18 per year. If the teen is not age 15 or older, a parent/guardian can increase coverage on their behalf6
For detailed information about Zard services, visit the Zard website
1 Quoted rates and annual percentage yields (APY) are subject to change daily.
2 Minimum balance required to maintain membership and utilize SECU services.
3 A $1 fee is assessed if the account balance is below $25.00 on the statement cut-off date
4 Initial deposit must cover cost of initial maintenance fee(s)
5 Any cleared checks exceeding 50 are charged $.20 per check
6 FAT CAT and Zard Group Term Life Insurance is provided by SECU Life Insurance Company. Life Insurance is not guaranteed by, or an obligation of any credit union and is not insured by NCUA.