State Employees' Credit Union understands the importance in teaching sound saving practices. In an effort to help children learn about saving
and make it exciting, the Credit Union offers the FAT CAT Program. This program consists of a special FAT CAT Share account that allows children
to watch their balance grow as they save, a quarterly newsletter, and their own dedicated web site.
- The FAT CAT Share account current interest rate is % / % APY1
- For children up to age 122
- To open an account, the child and the responsible adult 2 should visit a local branch
- Must be joint with a parent, grandparent or other responsible adult2
- $ minimum opening deposit
- Once the account balance reaches $25, it must be maintained
- Interest compounded daily and paid monthly
- FAT CAT Goody Bag which includes a Passbook for transaction records
- Member card for ATM, ASK SECU and Internet account access
- Paw Prints Newsletter
- FAT CAT site with fun and games to help educate our youngest members
- Eligible to receive group term life insurance coverage in the amount of $1,000 at no cost
Group Term Life Insurance Coverage
The child is eligible to receive $1,000 of Group Term Life Insurance
at no cost. The child’s parent/guardian can increase this coverage to $10,000 for $18 per year3
For detailed information about FAT CAT services, visit the For Parents
page on the FAT CAT website.
1 Quoted rates and annual percentage yields (APY) are subject to change daily.
2 All account holders must be members.
3 FAT CAT and Zard Group Term Life Insurance is provided by SECU Life Insurance Company. Life Insurance is not guaranteed by, or an obligation of any credit union and is not insured by NCUA.