Another Chance (Alert)
Another Chance notifications are offered through the Credit Union’s Alert service. Registering for this alert allows members to be notified on their mobile devices or via Secure Message to make a deposit or transfer before 5:30 pm (Eastern) to prevent an item(s) from being returned due to insufficient funds.
How the Another Chance Alert works:
- Register for the Another Chance Alert via Member Access (Overdraft Transfer Service is required).
- Receive the Another Chance Alert on your mobile device or via Secure Message.
- Make a deposit or transfer funds to your checking account before 5:30 pm to cover the insufficient funds item(s).
Making a deposit or transfer:
- Check or cash deposits can be made at any branch location.
- Checks deposited to your account through an ATM do not qualify for Another Chance.
- Funds may be transferred from another credit union account to your checking account using Member Access, Mobile App, ASK SECU, CashPoints ATM, or in the branch.
Our Overdraft Transfer Service is only available to cover an item the first time the item attempts to post to your checking account. When you receive an Another Chance alert, we have already determined your account has insufficient available funds to pay an item.
To pay Another Chance items, you must transfer funds into your checking account from another account or make a deposit in a branch no later than 5:30 pm (Eastern) on the day your Another Chance alert is sent, or on the next business day if your alert is sent on a Saturday or Credit Union holiday. Therefore, please adjust your time selection accordingly during registration for Another Chance alerts. If your transfer occurs later than 5:30 pm on the day you receive the Another Chance alert, your item will be returned and you will incur an NSF fee.