State Employees' Credit Union is a member-owned, not-for-profit cooperative. Membership is limited to persons who meet the eligibility requirements.
- Employees of the state of North Carolina
- Federal employees assigned to state of North Carolina departments (for example, a federal US Department of Agriculture employee assigned to work at the North Carolina Department of Agriculture)
- Employees of public boards of education
- Members of the North Carolina National Guard
- County employees of Social Services, Health, Mental Health and Civil Defense
- Employees of associations formed for the benefit of state of North Carolina employees (e.g., State Employees’ Association of North Carolina)
- Unremarried spouses of individuals who died while eligible for membership
- Individuals retired from the above employment or service as pensioners and/or annuitants from the above employment or service. This includes former employees who are “vested” and have not withdrawn or terminated future eligibility to be a pensioner and/or annuitant.
- Immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) of a current member
- Individuals sharing a single economic unit with a current member
- Employees of agencies or departments whose employees are subject to the State Personnel Act
If you meet one of these eligibility requirements, you can become a member by opening a share account with a minimum deposit of $25. (A FAT CAT account can be opened for eligible persons age 12 and under with a minimum initial deposit of $5.) You can view and print a copy of our Rules and Regulations
brochure for more information regarding your new deposit accounts with the Credit Union. To request membership, complete and return the SECU
Membership Information Form
to your local branch or our 24/7 Member Services.