Why, When and How SECU Will Contact YouSECU will never call, text or email to ask for your personal or financial information such as user IDs, passwords, account numbers or card information. If you receive a call, text or email asking for such information, do not respond and notify your local branch or our 24/7 Member Services at (888) 732-8562 immediately.
If we need to contact you regarding your accounts, we may ask security questions to validate your identity, but we will not ask you for complete account numbers, card numbers or online credentials.
Why will SECU contact me?
- We detect unusual or suspicious activity on your online services (e.g., Member Access, Mobile Access or our Mobile App)
- We detect unusual or suspicious activity on your debit or credit card
- There is a problem with one of your accounts
- To follow-up and answer questions
When will SECU contact me?
- Between the hours of 8:00 AM and 9:00 PM EST any day of the week
- During other times for the following
- There is an immediate and urgent need regarding your accounts
- To follow up with you when you have contacted us during other times
- You have indicated it is permissible to do so
How will SECU contact me?
- By calling your home, work, mobile or other phone number
- By regular mail or via electronic secure message through Message Center
- By email if you have previously emailed us
However, we will not initiate contact with you via email unless you have previously used that method to contact us, and we have been unsuccessful in contacting you via other available methods. We encourage you to send secure messages through Message Center instead of email. If you do send an email, do not include personal, account or card information in the body or subject of your message. We will never email to ask for your personal, account or card information.
We will not initiate contact with you via text message unless you have registered for our Alerts or Two-Way Text Messaging services to receive automated account updates.
Return to Online Security