Medicare Supplement Plan
Blue Medicare SupplementSM
from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina For North Carolina beneficiaries enrolled in both Medicare Part A and Part B.
Choose the plan that’s right for you
- See the doctor you want
- Value-added discounts
- Freedom to see any Medicare-approved provider nationwide
Blue-to-Blue: The freedom to choose
Blue-to-Blue gives every Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Blue Cross NC) Medicare Supplement member the freedom to switch plans. Members can switch plans at designated times throughout the year. So, current members can always be sure to have the Medicare Supplement plan that best suits their needs and budget.**
Savings and peace of mind
Medicare only covers some of your medical costs. That’s why Blue Cross NC offers dependable Medicare Supplement plans for Medicare beneficiaries, to help lessen the worries over costs that Medicare doesn’t cover. Choose from a variety of Blue Medicare SupplementSM
plans to find the plan that best fits your needs and your budget.
See the doctor you want
No matter which Blue Medicare SupplementSM
plan you choose, you’re free to select your own Medicare-participating doctor or visit any Medicare-participating hospital. In most cases, your Part A and Part B Medicare claims and supplement claims are handled automatically by Blue Cross NC.
- Choice of Medicare-participating doctors
- Easy to use, virtually no claims to file
No waiting periods
If you enroll early, you may be eligible for this plan without waiting periods for pre- existing conditions. Pre-existing conditions are conditions for which medical advice was given or treatment was recommended by or received from a physician within six months before the effective date of coverage. If you wait until after the deadline to enroll, you may have a waiting period for pre-existing conditions.
Guaranteed acceptance by enrolling early
You cannot be turned down for Blue Medicare SupplementSM
and may not have to complete a medical questionnaire if you meet the following criteria:
- You are age 65 or older, or under age 65 and are eligible for Medicare due to disability1
- You enroll within 6 months of enrolling in Medicare Part B
- You are not covered by certain Medicaid programs
- You are a resident of North Carolina
Blue Cross NC Blue Medicare SupplementSM Information
- Compare Plan Benefits
- Get a free rate quote
- View the Blue Medicare SupplementSM Outline of Coverage brochure
The Program Silver & Fit is available for some plans
1 Exercise and Healthy Aging program gives you a low-cost membership, at a fitness facility or exercise center near you. Or, if you like, you can enroll in the Home Fitness Program and work out in the comfort of your own home. Questions about the program can be answered by calling 1-877-764-2746
(TTY/TDD: 711), Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM EST.
For more information about Blue Medicare Supplement plans, including a free rate quote, call SECU Insurance Services toll free at 1-866-937-7328
between the hours of 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Guaranteed acceptance is limited to Plan A for those under age 65 who have Medicare due to disability.
** Members of plans sponsored by Blue Cross NC will be able to change to other plans available when they purchased their original plan. Certain limits apply.
- For costs and further details of the coverage, including exclusions, any reductions or limitations, and terms under which the policy may be continued in force, contact your agent or the company.
- Plan A: BMS A, 12/18, Plan G: BMS G, 12/18, Plan G-HD: BMS HDG, 12/18, Plan K: BMS K, 12/18, Plan N: BMS N, 12/18.
- Blue365 offers access to savings on items that members may purchase directly from independent vendors, which are different from items that are covered under the policies with Blue Cross NC. Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) may receive payments from Blue365 vendors. Neither Blue Cross NC nor BCBSA recommends, endorses, warrants or guarantees any specific Blue365 vendor or item. This program may be modified or discontinued at any time without prior notice.
- The Silver&Fit program is a value-added service on most plans that is provided by American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc. (ASH Fitness), a subsidiary of American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH) and an independent company, to members of Blue Cross NC’s Blue Medicare Supplement plans. ASH Fitness does not offer Blue Cross or Blue Shield products or services. The program is not available on our G-HD plan and is not a part of a member’s policy or benefits. The program may be changed or discontinued at any time. Additional fees may apply and results are not guaranteed. You should consult with your doctor before taking part in a fitness program. All programs and services are not available in all areas. Silver&Fit and the Silver&Fit logo are trademarks of ASH and are used with permission herein. ASH and ASH Fitness do not offer Blue Cross or Blue Shield products or services.
State Employees’ Credit Union is an independent authorized Agent / Agency licensed to sell and promote products from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Blue Cross NC). The content contained in this site is maintained by State Employees’ Credit Union. Neither Blue Cross NC nor its agents are connected with or endorsed by the U.S. government or the federal Medicare program.
Caution: Policy Benefits are limited to those approved by Medicare for payment.
BLUE CROSS®, BLUE SHIELD®, the Cross and Shield symbols, registered marks and service marks are marks of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, an association of independent Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. Blue Cross NC is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
®, SM Marks of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. ®1 Mark of American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc., an independent company. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.