State Employees' Credit Union offers overdraft protection with no fees for two separate days per year. Overdraft protection protects against high
fees and embarrassment associated with "bounced checks". You can select another checking, share, money market, open-end personal loan,
home equity loan, or credit card to be used for automatic transfer in the event funds are not available to pay an item.
- You may select up to two overdraft accounts
- Overdraft transfers are made in $50 increments1
- Overdraft transfer fee(s) waived on the first two days per year 2
- Money market and share overdraft transfers are limited to 6 per month 3
- Overdraft transfers from a Visa credit card, open-end personal loan or home equity loan completed up to available line of credit
You may apply for overdraft protection for an existing checking account via Member Access.
1 Overdraft transfers from home equity accounts are made in increments of $500.
2 Overdraft transfer fees are waived for two separate days per year through the Overdraft
Fee Free Days Program. A $0.50 fee will be assessed per overdraft transfer once Overdraft Fee Free Days have been exhausted.
3 Transfers exceeding the maximum will incur a fee equal to the current Non-Sufficient Funds fee.
Repeated excess transfers may result in the loss of overdraft privileges.